Is the acquisition of openhole logs too risky or require too much expensive rig time?
LWT - Logging While Tripping allows acquisition of openhole logging data without disruption of drilling operations. LWT is a patented technique in which memory based openhole logs are acquired in a method that is more cost effective, uses less rig time, and has fewer inherent risks than wireline, shuttle (thru-the-bit), or logging-while-drilling (LWD) methods. LWT allows openhole logs to be acquired in vertical, deviated, horizontal and tough logging condition wells where logging was previously considered too risky or too expensive.
Our Solution (Continued)
With more than 650 jobs acquired worldwide in onshore and offshore applications, LWT tools have achieved greater than 98.5% uptime with no tools ever being lost in hole. LWT operations are simple, safe, and reliable:
- LWT drilling collars are positioned in the BHA during the last bit run and used for normal drilling operations.
- The slim LWT tools are pumped down through the drill pipe and latched into LWT collars once TD is reached.
- Vertical, deviated, horizontal and tough logging condition wells can be safely logged while tripping out.
- At all times during LWT operations full well control is maintained allowing pipe rotation, reciprocation and circulation.
- There are no wireline, tractors, shuttle systems or specialized bit designs required.
- Ample 72 hour battery life as well as tools rated to 300°F (150°C) and 14 kpsi (100MPa) ensure a wide range of applications.
- Tools and sources may be retrieved by slickline or wireline at any time during operations.
- With full retrievability, lost-in-hole charges are virtually eliminated.
- LWT's total cost (service + rig time) is significantly less than any alternate openhole logging service.
See how Cordax adds value to your colleagues...
Explore Cordax well optimization benefits…
- Formation Evaluation method replacing wireline, LWT, TBL, and pipe conveyed OH logging methods
- Wireline quality petrophysical data acquired during routine trip out of well
- Eliminates bridging and lost-in-hole (LIH) exposure versus other methods
- No extra pipe trip or hole conditioning
- Data acquisition in any well trajectory
- Tools pumped into BHA only when required, reducing wear and risk
- Casing point detection
- Evaluate Multi Laterals
- Kick-off point detection in build section
- Deployment at any point during drilling operations
- Virtually invisible to drilling and well construction activities
- Rig time savings by reducing extra trips
- Allows timely completion decisions
- Incorporates well data such as mud logs, gas, ROP, pore pressure
- Frack strategy optimization
- Completion design optimization
- Optimal zone selection
- Accurately locate and plan frack stages incorporating well parameters with LWT acquired Neutron, Density, Resistivity and Spectral Gamma Ray
- Providing the physical property data necessary for production optimization
- Compete geological model and update reserve calculation in resource plays